"Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck." ~ Dalai Lama
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 16-ounce bag frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves, rolled and thinly sliced
Whisk the vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream, to make a smooth dressing.
Thaw whole kernel corn, and mix with tomatoes, green onions and mozzarella balls. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat. Top with basil. Cover and let set for 15 minutes, up to 2 hours. Before serving, stir basil into the salad mixture and toss to coat.
- Wednesdays Unplugged - Mini Caprese Bites
- Wednesdays Unplugged - Corn, Black Bean and Pomegranate Salsa
- Wednesdays Unplugged - Zesty Black Bean, Corn, Quinoa Salad
NOTE: I spend my Wednesdays Unplugged from appointments. It's my day to stay home, enjoy cooking and welcome our kids and grandkids for dinner in the evening. We end our meal with quotes from the Norwegian 'Quote Cup' passed on to me from my grandmother. I share a quote and a recipe here each week, and sometimes some photos of family fun. I love trying new recipes...and love getting recipes you would like to share!